Friday, January 11, 2013

Concuring the midnight munchies

         My mother was a sleep eater. She would wake up in the middle of the night and eat. In her case she would not remember eating and blame everyone else. In my case I find myself eating in the middle of the night when I have been woken up too many times then I eat something and go back to bed. Now of course its not like I am eating a banana or an apple. I am eating leftovers and generally carbs like cookies or bread or a PB sandwich and milk. I also remember what I did and know what I am doing at the time. It is a bad habit I would like to quit. Well for the last few weeks I have been fine. I slept decently so I did not find myself waking up and eating. But last night I woke up thirsty. I went in to the kitchen for a drink of water. I found myself reaching for leftovers when I remembered what I am working for and walked away. I was rather proud of myself and still am. I learned a couple of things that I am going to try to do.

#1 keep a bottle of water by my bed. If I get thirst I can drink and not go to the kitchen. No kitchen no temptation.

#2 clean the kitchen and put away ALL food before bed. That way I am not easily temped if I do need to go to the kitchen. Out of side out of mind.


                Also last night I tried two new Low Calorie recipes. Garlic lime tilapia and sauted garlic mushrooms with broccoli. Both were delicious.I look forward to trying new recipes this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment