Thursday, January 10, 2013

Try try again day 8

     I have waited to re start this blog till I could see if my momentum was enough that I would keep going. And to my delight I have been changing habits and eating a more appropriate amount of calories for 8 days so I decided I would like to add the blog back in to the mix. I really enjoy having a way to look back and if all goes well having some people to talk to along the way.

    I will post my stats at the bottom of this page and continue to do so through the duration of my posts but I would like to focus a bit more on the fun stuff. The thing that I could not handle about the weight loss in the past is the way it made me feel isolated all the time. Constantly eating something completely different than my family all the time. Needing to decline invitations for fun activities or going out to eat because most of the time they included calorie rich foods. And then the way people would comment on everything you put in your mouth as soon as they catch wind you are trying to loose weight. It all would become too much and I would stop. The constant feeling that I was being babysat was just to much pressure for me. At the same time I think it is a manipulation tool for people who want to keep you the way you are because it makes them feel better about them selves. As if they can only be great if you are the "fat" girl. So this time around I have made some changes in my plan.

   First off I am making small changes each week. for example this week I am planning my meals in advance and prepping breakfast and lunch in the AM or the night before so I dont have to stress about it when I am hungry.Next week I will be adding a new one. I figure every week I accomplish a small goal I will get a bigger boost emotionally than I would seeing 1 or 2 pounds come off. And because I know there will be weeks when nothing comes off I really need t have something that gives me that boost so that I can keep on being excited for the journey and not disappointed and wanting to give up.

   Secondly I am trying to make the meal parts fun. For years I have made what my family wanted wether I wanted it or not. And to combat the feelings of deprivation I am trying a new lower calorie/fat recipes for lunch most days of the week. This fulfills my need for tasty food. Also my desire for something new and just mine. It also is a fun creative outlet for me because I like to cook. I am thinking about posting those adventures on the days I do them. So here is to making this work for me!!


                                                              Jodi Hernandez
                                                                                                                        Start weight 369
                                                                                                                        current weight 357
                                                                                                                        Goal weight    150

No comments:

Post a Comment